Bad RoConnect Server IP

JoshRichardRose

Jun 28, 2011, 1:24:27 AM6/28/11
to roConnect
Hello,

I purchased the RoConnect channel for my Roku tonight and spent a
couple of hours following the instructions, but now find myself at a
point where I cannot figure out what to do. So...

Basic details: Running on Windows 7 (64-bit), WampServer 2.1 (32-
bit), with the server running properly (icon is green), and PHP
sockets enabled.

This is my second install attempt; I had to uninstall my first install
attempt, because I could never get the webapp to fully index my video
directory, and once it finally did, it would never properly restart
the server. However, with this first install, I could still connect
to my Roku and bring up the indexed list of videos, although none
would play (file formats were correct, but when I initiated a file
playing, it would flash for a second and then return to the "play"
screen with the
video thumbnail).

On this second attempt installing it, I was able to more smoothly set
up the server, enable PHP sockets, and index my videos and
automatically restart the server. However, once I completed all of
that, the first time I went to connect to my Roku, the device showed
up, but I got an error on the Roku Channel ("Bad RoConnect Server IP")
when I checked my Roku. I restarted the wifi on the device, and then
no Roku device could be found or detected from the webapp. If I click
on the "Roku" tab, the right hand side of the screen (where the Roku
box image is usually) is blank. Nothing shows up. I have tried re-
enabling wifi on my Roku device, but to no success.

Now, the Roku is once again redetected, but when I click "Connect"
from the webapp, I still get the "Bad Server IP" error on the Roku
Channel and it will not connect to the device. Any steps I should
take at this point? I'm at a loss to figure out (A) what the proper
server IP address is (if I click "Get IP" from the webapp, the IP
address remains the same as the one causing the error), and (B) how to
tell the Roku Channel what the proper IP address might be.

I looked through the discussions here, but have not found a solution.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

JoshRichardRose

Jun 28, 2011, 1:25:28 AM6/28/11
to roConnect
P.S. - I tried emailing the developer using the email address embedded
on the ro-connect.com site, but it bounced back as an invalid
address. Just FYI.

On Jun 28, 12:24 am, JoshRichardRose <joshrichardr...@gmail.com>

JoshRichardRose

Jun 28, 2011, 1:41:30 AM6/28/11
to roConnect
Sigh...okay, SOLVED. I neglected to set the WAMP server to "online."
A suggestion, this step might be stated more explicitly in the
instructions (unless I missed it somewhere). Everything is detected
and streaming now, properly!

On Jun 28, 12:24 am, JoshRichardRose <joshrichardr...@gmail.com>

Saul Howard

Jun 28, 2011, 1:01:55 PM6/28/11
to JoshRichardRose, roConnect
Josh,

Sorry about the issues, I will update the online instruction set to include putting the WAMP server online. Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you were able to get things working!

-Saul

Sam Beresford

Dec 29, 2014, 7:50:58 PM12/29/14
to ro-co...@googlegroups.com
HECK yes! THANKS SO MUCH Such a silly setting, looked like it was online but then NOO lol So glad I found this.

Should be added to instructions!