Re: [roConnect] Digest for ro-connect@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Mark Walter

Jan 5, 2015, 4:15:32 PM1/5/15
to ro-co...@googlegroups.com
Switch to Plex media server, Its FREE and works with Roku.  Plus it has better meta data lookup.  And is being actively developed.  Your trying to use something that hasn't seen any development in over 5 years now.

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 1:01 PM, <ro-co...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Justin Elliott <justin.e...@gmail.com>: Jan 04 08:09PM -0800

I see the video file name on the channel, but wehn I tell it to play from
the beginning, it begins to load then stops suddenly.... like it was the
end of the file. Even thought the file is a thirty second clip.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mac

Jan 5, 2015, 5:01:49 PM1/5/15
to ro-co...@googlegroups.com
Give up, it is old junk.

Try MyMedia, it works great.

kentek3141

Feb 9, 2016, 12:59:17 PM2/9/16
to roConnect, majes...@gmail.com
But!  Plex no longer free. And MyMedia does not give you a personal media channel on Roku.
So, with all its faults roConnect suits my requirement. I can play my video on my roku without add or being pushed into Hulu, etc.
I have everything working on roConnect except the IMdb Indexing and I am trying to figure it out.
If anyone wants to help please post.
I know that this is a dead project but it is all PHP so, it we find a PHP guru project can be resurected.
rgds,
kentek at kente...@hotmail.com