rndphrase patch for surf

Philip Munksgaard

Jan 2, 2015, 10:07:12 AM1/2/15
to rndp...@googlegroups.com
I've spent the last couple of days implementing rndphrase for surf[0].

The result is available here:
https://github.com/Munksgaard/surf/tree/rndphrase

To build: Set your seed in config.def.h, build and install.
To hash your password, simply enter your password into a password prompt, then press C-@ to hash it.

There are some issues with the current implementation: It doesn't take all kinds of effective TLDs into account, so anything ending on .co.uk will be hashed like the domain actually is co.uk. I'm interested in any suggestions as to how I can fix this.
Furthermore, your seed is stored in plaintext in the binary. The easy way to fix this is to require the user to set rndphraseseed to the actual hashed version of the seed, and then change rndphrase.h accordingly, but I haven't gotten around to doing that yet.

As an interesting side-note, this project resulted in a C implementation of rndphrase which is available here, if anyone is interested:

Let me know if you have any issues.

Kind regards
Philip

Ronni Elken Lindsgaard

Jan 5, 2015, 6:47:30 AM1/5/15
to rndp...@googlegroups.com

That is very nice! Do you want access to the RndPhrase project repo to submit the stuff there?