Partial or compelte string matches in STAR parameters

Peter Tam

Oct 12, 2023, 3:34:39 PM10/12/23
to rna-star
Hi Alex,

I am using GFF3 annotation to generate a genome index for subsequent RNA-seq mapping. I see that the sjdbGTFtagExonParentGene parameter is set with "gene_id" as default.

My question is whether STAR performs an exact match or partial match to look for "gene_id" in each exon line? For example, if I have got two attributes like "gene_id" and "gene_id_platform", will STAR be able to detect the contents of "gene_id" and not "gene_id_platform" for genome indexing?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Alexander Dobin

Oct 12, 2023, 3:46:14 PM10/12/23