Question

Mengjia Fu

Mar 30, 2022, 9:04:21 AMMar 30
to rna-star
微信图片_20220321135843.png
Hi Alex,
Thanks a lot your  support to all STAR users.
I am very interested in plant  N6-Methyladenosine RNA Modification, Recently I aligned the input (control data)and IP sample(Sequencing data obtained after m6A antibody enrichment)to reference genome by STAR respectively,  found that the Uniquely mapped reads % only 15.06%  in the IP.Log.final.out ,and other IP samples ' Uniquely mapped reads %  up to 45% ; In input .Log.final.out this value is more than 70%,Do you think the Uniquely mapped reads % only 15.06% in IP.Log.final.out   is correct or do you recommend other value for this parameter?

Alexander Dobin

May 2, 2022, 2:49:00 PMMay 2
to rna-star
Hi,

I am not familiar with this technology, so cannot really comment on what the acceptable mapped % is.
Generally, 15% is a low %.