total stranded fusion

Mp

Nov 23, 2015, 4:47:05 PM11/23/15
to rna-star
Hi!!
If I use reversed way as suggested in this link https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rna-star/KZpu91GS-FA
I'm not able to detect any fusion! Could you help me o understand strand use on STAR?
What means this ?

For example, for the dUTP protocol, it's better to reverse the order of input reads, i.e. use --readFilesIn Read2 Read1. This will make the chimeric output order to follow the order on the RNA molecules

How appear on chimeric junction file?
thanks!

Alexander Dobin

Nov 24, 2015, 11:39:44 AM11/24/15
to rna-star
Hi Maurizio,

are you using STAR-Fuison, or just looking at the Chimeric.out.* files?

Cheers
Alex

Mp

Nov 24, 2015, 4:09:04 PM11/24/15
to rna-star
I'm looking the chimeric.out files. I'm interesting to learn more about that!!
thanks!!

Alexander Dobin

Nov 25, 2015, 4:17:05 PM11/25/15
to rna-star
Hi Maurizio,

are you saying that if you map --readFilesIn Read1.fastq Read2.fastq, you see chimeric output, but if you map with reversed mates, --readFilesIn Read2.fastq Read1.fastq, there is no chimeras detected?
This should not happen, only the strand of the alignments should revert, and there might be small changes in a very small % of mappings.
If you can send me a minimalistic example of this problem, I will check it.

Cheers
Alex