ATTENTION RMHS STUDENTS AND PARENTS!!!
***Please be aware that DE classes taken over the summer are taken at full-cost. There is no discounted price for MCPS students for summer classes***
Attached, find some helpful documents to assist you in the registration process and follow the steps below. Please also review the steps here: https://www.montgomerycollege.edu/high-school-students/dual-enrollment/admission-and-registration-procedures/index.html.
- The first step is to apply to MC online as a Dual Enrollment applicant (https://www.montgomerycollege.edu/admissions-registration/application.html)
- A week or two after applying, an acceptance email will be sent with a student's MC M#. Once a student has this number, the next step is to create a dualenroll.com account (instructions attached).
- Once a dualenroll.com account is created, students need to complete the online Orientation (in the dualenroll.com portal).
- If you have SAT, ACT, or Accuplacer scores, forward those to the Coordinator at MC for processing using your established MC student email account(yvonne....@montgomerycollege.edu).
- If you do not have test scores, rising juniors and seniors with a 2.75 GPA or above are eligible to enroll in any course based on the assessment levels of ENG101+011 and MATH117/120 (you will see these assessment levels listed in pre-requisites in a courses description in the MC course catalog: https://catalog.montgomerycollege.edu/index.php). Rising Sophomores and Freshman with a 2.75 GPA or above are eligible to register for courses without placement testing (list attached).
- Courses available for high school students can be reviewed in the dualenroll.com account and general education requirements that many students choose to enroll in can be seen through this link: https://www.montgomerycollege.edu/_documents/academics/general-education-program/2019-2020-general-education-course-list-a.pdf. Please also review the course list (attached) that do not require placement testing.
- After students choose a class or classes to register for, they will need to complete the Dual refusal form and return it to RMHS's DEPA, Ms. Anderson (Evan_E_...@mcpsmd.org) (form attached). A bit more info about this form:
- Students need to determine if they want college credit only or dual credit (both HS and college credit)
- If Dual Credit is preferred, complete Part 1 and only initial all the way at the bottom of the form
- If only College Credit is preferred, complete Part 1, 2, and 3 and sign and date (both parent and student).