Summer Dual Enrollment @ Montgomery College - REGISTRATION OPEN 4/5!

Skip to first unread message

RMHS Counseling Department Listserv

Mar 26, 2021, 2:10:47 PMMar 26
to RMHS Counseling Department Listserv

Summer registration for Dual Enrollment classes at Montgomery College will open on April 5th!! The summer schedule will be available for viewing on March 29th through this link:

***Please be aware that DE classes taken over the summer are taken at full-cost. There is no discounted price for MCPS students for summer classes​***

Attached, find some helpful documents to assist you in the registration process and follow the steps below. Please also review the steps here:

  1. The first step is to apply to MC online as a Dual Enrollment applicant (
  2. A week or two after applying, an acceptance email will be sent with a student's MC M#. Once a student has this number, the next step is to create a account (instructions attached).
  3. Once a account is created, students need to complete the online Orientation (in the portal).
  4. If you have SAT, ACT, or Accuplacer scores, forward those to the Coordinator at MC for processing using your established MC student email account(
  5. If you do not have test scores, rising juniors and seniors with a 2.75 GPA or above are eligible to enroll in any course based on the assessment levels of ENG101+011 and MATH117/120 (you will see these assessment levels listed in pre-requisites in a courses description in the MC course catalog: Rising Sophomores and Freshman with a 2.75 GPA or above are eligible to register for courses without placement testing (list attached).
  6. Courses available for high school students can be reviewed in the account and general education requirements that many students choose to enroll in can be seen through this link: Please also review the course list (attached) that do not require placement testing.
  7. After students choose a class or classes to register for, they will need to complete the Dual refusal form and return it to RMHS's DEPA, Ms. Anderson ( (form attached). A bit more info about this form:
    • Students need to determine if they want college credit only or dual credit (both HS and college credit)
    • If Dual Credit is preferred, complete Part 1 and only initial all the way at the bottom of the form 
    • If only College Credit is preferred, complete Part 1, 2, and 3 and sign and date (both parent and student).

Please reach out to Richard Montgomery's DEPA ( if you have any questions!

Dual Enroll.pdf
Reply all
Reply to author
0 new messages