A Museum to Mark the Success of Delhi Metro

Indian Railway News

Dec 5, 2008, 9:55:32 PM12/5/08
to Indian Railway Turn Around News
http://www.topnews.in/museum-mark-success-delhi-metro-295341

To celebrate the success and to mark the ten years of commencement
of construction of Delhi metro, a museum tracing its history will
soon be set up on one of its station premises, showcasing the origin
and memorable moments during the construction of one of the most
ambitious Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) of modern India.

Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) spokesperson Anuj Dayal
said, "The metro museum will house photographs, newspaper archives,
models of the trains, curios, books and audio-visual films
explaining the history of Delhi Metro."

Construction work for the museum has already begun at the Patel
Chowk station. The site was chosen because as Dayal stated, "There
is a parking facility available at the station and it is also
centrally located. Considering its accessibility, we chose this
station." The inauguration is said to be in a month's time.

Earlier, there were reports in the media, claiming that DMRC is in
consultation with the Archaeological Survey of India for the
construction of the heritage museum at the Qutub Minar metro
station.

However, Dayal stated, "All planning and construction are being
handled by DMRC and ASI has nothing to do with the project." Further
informing all that, "We are looking at setting up a bigger museum at
some other location. We have already applied to the government for
land."