The Institute for Neural Computation of the Faculty of Computer Science is looking for a
Postdoc (m,f,x) for 2 years, full-time, TVL E13
The Institute for Neural Computation is part of the Faculty of Computer Science at the Ruhr-University Bochum, see https://www.ini.rub.de/
. It focuses on the dynamics and learning of perception and behavior on a functional level but is otherwise very diverse, ranging from neurophysiology and psychophysics over computational neuroscience to machine learning and technical applications.
There is an open position for a postdoc in the group of Prof. Dr. Laurenz Wiskott to be filled October 1st. The project is part of the competence center HUMAINE for human-centered artificial intelligence, see https://humaine.info/
, and will be developed in close collaboration with colleagues at RUB and application partners in industry, among others.
* An interesting interdisciplinary environment in the field of Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning.
* Opportunity to develop an independent research profile and your own research group.
* Opportunity to pursue further scientific qualification.
* Diverse and interesting contacts at the university, in transfer, and in industry.
* A lot of room for own ideas and initiatives.
* Acquiring and maintaining industry contacts.
* Scientific advice for companies to help them introduce AI in work processes.
* Advising corresponding PhD and student projects.
* Coordination of events and teaching of advanced training courses about human-centered AI for developers and decision makers in industry
* Very good PhD in mathematics, computer science, engineering, or a related field
* Solid knowledge in Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning.
* Good programming and mathematical skills
* Good command of German.
* Good organizational and communicative abilities.
+ Experience in industry cooperations and interdisciplinary projects.
+ Programming skills in Python.
* Challenging and varied tasks with a high degree of personal responsibility
* Support from and cooperation with competent colleagues
* A dynamic environment
* Fair and flexible working hours
* Support in reconciling family and work/academics (including childcare placement, holiday offers, mobile children's room)
The load of teaching will be calculated according to § 3 of Lehrverpflichtungsverordnung (state of North Rhine-Westphalia).
Contact details for your application:
Prof. Dr. Laurenz Wiskott, Phone: +49 234 32 27997
Travel expenses for interviews cannot be refunded.
For information on the collection of personal data in the application process see: https://www.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/en/information-collection-personal-data-application-process
We are looking forward to receiving your application with the specification ANR: 800 until 30.09.2022, send by e-mail to the following address: laurenz...@rub.de
beginning: as soon as possible
application deadline: 30.09.2022
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum is one of Germany’s leading research universities, addressing the whole range of academic disciplines. A highly dynamic setting enables researchers and students to work across the traditional boundaries of academic subjects and faculties. To create knowledge networks within and beyond the university is RUB’s declared aim.
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum stands for diversity and equal opportunities. For this reason, we favour a working environment composed of heterogeneous teams, and seek to promote the careers of individuals who are underrepresented in our respective professional areas. The Ruhr-Universität Bochum expressly requests job applications from women. In areas in which they are underrepresented they will be given preference in the case of equivalent qualifications with male candidates. Applications from individuals with disabilities are most welcome.