Whats the plan for CNI support above v0.3.0 version

AKASH DEEP

Jul 20, 2017, 11:23:09 AM7/20/17
to rkt-dev
Hi All,

I have written a ipam plugin for cni, while testing i am not able to create rkt container on kubernetes because of following issues:

Background:
        my ipam plugin supports latest cni version v0.5.2 which works fine with docker containers on kubernetes.

Issue:
1) my ipam plugin needs mac address information when allocating an ip to the container, but with CNI release 0.4.0 https://github.com/containernetworking/cni/blob/v0.4.0 , Interface mac_address is getting set using ip_address details

    But as rkt is still using CNI version v0.3.0 ,mac_address mismatch is happening which causes problem in deletion of the interfaces.

Could you please guide me on this.

Thanks,
Akash Deep

Luca BRUNO

Jul 21, 2017, 4:10:15 AM7/21/17
to rkt...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, July 20, 2017 8:23:09 AM UTC AKASH DEEP wrote:

> But as rkt is still using CNI version v0.3.0 ,mac_address mismatch is
> happening which causes problem in deletion of the interfaces.

Please have a look at rkt PR queue, there is work ongoing to cleanup
networking code (pre-requisite) and then update CNI interfaces:
* https://github.com/rkt/rkt/pull/3733
* https://github.com/rkt/rkt/pull/3668

Both are targeted at 1.29.0 release, possibly next month.
If you have specific testcases and knowledge, you can help speeding up the
process by checking, reviewing, testing and keeping an active eye on those.
Casey is currently away, so I suggest to ping back him/PRs next week.

Cheers, Luca

--
"If you build a wall, think of what you leave outside it" - Italo Calvino
signature.asc

AKASH DEEP

Jul 21, 2017, 12:52:25 PM7/21/17
to rkt-dev
Thanks a lot for the reply. I will look in to the PR and comment based on my understanding.