rkt v1.26.0 released

Tino Rusch

May 15, 2017, 9:02:37 AM5/15/17
to rkt-dev
Hello @all,

rkt v1.26.0 is just released! This is a compact bugfix release with some improvements which includes better arm support and a significant speedup for the run operation due to relaxed ondisk verification of images.

Official release notes and all downloads are available as usual:

Sincerly,
- the rkt team

Luca BRUNO

May 15, 2017, 9:22:25 AM5/15/17
to rkt...@googlegroups.com, Tino Rusch
On Monday, May 15, 2017 6:02:37 AM UTC Tino Rusch wrote:

> rkt v1.26.0 is just released! This is a compact bugfix release with some
> improvements which includes better arm support and a significant speedup
> for the run operation due to relaxed ondisk verification of images.

So, a big thanks to Tino for helping out finalizing 1.26.0 release!

This is the first rkt release after CNCF move, and we are definitely trying to
guide rkt even more into a community-driven project.
On this front, there are a lot of hot topics and progresses such as:
* a new experimental Xen-based stage1 being proposed [1]
* gathering more contributors, and release pilots as well! [2]
* scheduling next community syncs (more on this in a later mail)

Thanks to anybody involved so far, and we hope to see even more cool
updates on this front.

[1] https://github.com/rkt/rkt/pull/3645#issuecomment-300779330
[2] https://github.com/rkt/rkt/issues/3664#issuecomment-300093586

Cheers, Luca

--
"If you build a wall, think of what you leave outside it" - Italo Calvino
signature.asc