Save Encyclopedia Dramatica's Softwarez Pages

MrHacks

Apr 16, 2011, 3:12:44 PM4/16/11
to RiverSpace STL
If anyone is familiar with what Encyclopedia Dramatica does (or did as
of this week), you should know that the head adminstrator Sherrod
"girlvinyl" DeGrippo ultimately sacked the shock website known for
it's harsh satire and lulzy Internet content. However, the site also
had some good information and resources about programming languages,
hackers, and some of the internet history that sites like Wikipedia
would not cover.

I started a Wikia wiki this morn to save the part of ED that despite
it's crude content, was informative. These pages, assuming that I can
find their archives, will be rewritten such that there is still the
razor sharp wit but less of the offensiveness.

If anything, I may consider integrating some RiverSpace content into
the website, but don't count on it.

For now, check out http://softwarez.wikia.com/ and help save some of
the hacker resources ED had.