New feature: Building static river on command

Dave Winer

Dec 18, 2011, 8:47:14 AM12/18/11
to river2, frontier-user
When you make a change to the template for your static river, you should be able to see the change immediately.

http://worknotes.scripting.com/december2011/121811ByDw/buildingStaticRiverOnCommand

Dave

Adam Curry

Dec 20, 2011, 12:03:25 PM12/20/11
to river2
Tested the feature. It works.

Caveat, when doing a forced static river build, this is not being
logged for display on the "Log" page

AC

On Dec 18, 7:47 am, Dave Winer <dave.wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When you make a change to the template for your static river, you should be
> able to see the change immediately.
>

> http://worknotes.scripting.com/december2011/121811ByDw/buildingStatic...
>
> Dave

Dave Winer

Dec 20, 2011, 12:03:57 PM12/20/11
to river2...@googlegroups.com
Do you think it should be logged?

Dave

Adam Curry

Dec 20, 2011, 12:08:07 PM12/20/11
to river2
Yes, because when a change doesn't go through (or doesn't appear to) I
want to double check ,and the best place to do that is from the Log
page.

I did this and thought the feature didn't work, because the static
build hadn't been logged. That was confusing.

AC

Dave Winer

Dec 20, 2011, 12:18:15 PM12/20/11
to river2...@googlegroups.com
When River2 builds a static river from the Build command, log the event.

http://worknotes.scripting.com/december2011/122011ByDw/logBuildsOfTheStaticRiver

Dave

Adam Curry

Dec 20, 2011, 12:26:49 PM12/20/11
to river2
It works. Thank you.

"I wonder what this guys is doing?" : http://blog.curry.com/images/2011/12/20/staticLogSS.jpg

:-)

AC

On Dec 20, 11:18 am, Dave Winer <dave.wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When River2 builds a static river from the Build command, log the event.
>

> http://worknotes.scripting.com/december2011/122011ByDw/logBuildsOfThe...

Dave Winer

Dec 20, 2011, 2:31:03 PM12/20/11
to river2...@googlegroups.com
BTW, should now be able to completely delegate the design of your river.

You get a lot of power. For example I was able to do the RT command entirely in the template.

Adam Curry

Dec 20, 2011, 2:35:20 PM12/20/11
to river2
Yeah. I'm on that: http://blog.curry.com/stories/2011/12/20/helpDesignNoAgendaNewsNetw.html

AC

On Dec 20, 1:31 pm, Dave Winer <dave.wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> BTW, should now be able to completely delegate the design of your river.
>
> You get a lot of power. For example I was able to do the RT command
> entirely in the template.

john

Dec 22, 2011, 2:43:33 PM12/22/11
to river2