River2 "incompatible version" error

Nate

Jan 4, 2012, 3:06:12 PM1/4/12
to river2
On my Mac (Lion 10.7.2, Safari 5.1.2), I get to step 4 of this HowTo
guide: http://quick.newsriver.org/

Upon confirming installation of River2 (river2.root), I get this error
message:
"File was created by an incompatible version of this program."

Screenshot:
http://cl.ly/2s1C1r2B18020a092...

Entering the URL in step 6 of the guide, I get the following server
error:

"Sorry! There was an error: There is no folder or object database
named "rivers.root" in the folder 'Macintosh
HD:Applications:OPML:Guest Databases:www:'."

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

—Nate

p.s. For what it's worth, I successfully installed and used River2 a
few months ago on this same machine, but ended up deleting (for no
particular reason other than none use) the OPML editor and all
associated files and folders.

Nate

Jan 4, 2012, 3:09:15 PM1/4/12
to river2
Here's the correct URL for the screenshot:
http://cl.ly/2s1C1r2B18020a092p0u

Nick Nichols

Jan 4, 2012, 5:45:41 PM1/4/12
to river2...@googlegroups.com
Exact same set up and results for me (right down to the prior OPML
install and removal).

Dave Winer

Jan 4, 2012, 6:46:32 PM1/4/12
to river2...@googlegroups.com
I am able to reproduce this here. Looking into a fix.

Dave

Dave Winer

Jan 4, 2012, 7:23:08 PM1/4/12
to river2...@googlegroups.com
The problem is fixed.

http://blork.ly/AmEE9X

Thanks for the reports. It was a serious problem, glad to be able to fix it.

Dave

Nate

Jan 4, 2012, 7:50:59 PM1/4/12
to river2