Android Rivers .43 is now available

Dody Gunawinata

Dec 6, 2012, 3:37:57 AM12/6/12
to river-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Greetings from chaotic Cairo.

You can find the latest update at goo.gl/dxK5w. In this update you will find the following:
  • An updated UI theme. As a consequence of this, the size of the application is almost double. At this rate of size increase, we will need DVD distribution by the time this app is completed.
  • You can resize the text in the rivers.
  • The text in the rivers has more padding for easier reading.
  • After you download a river, it will stay cached for an hour so the app will not reload the rivers from the Internet unless you explicitly refresh it again.
  • Now the app is more exact in checking whether a news item link is a proper Uri.
  • You can change the theme from light to dark and vice versa. I found it very useful to switch the color theme depending on light condition of my surrounding.
The code is also organized better this time.

Please let me know whether you find the icons easy to understand and the features easy to discover.

Now I will start to work on the opml source element support.  I have an idea how to show them properly - hopefully I'm skilled enough to implement them.

Regards,

Dody Gunawinata