I am dumb

Dody Gunawinata

Feb 5, 2013, 5:56:16 AM2/5/13
to river-...@googlegroups.com
Greetings from Cairo,

My original plan with Android Rivers is to release an identical paid and free version - so for people who wants to financially support the project they can just purchase it instead of going through the donation route.

I am completely wrong.

I was updating Android Rivers today to 1.05 with new features and tried to release the free version when I figured out that the package name for the free and paid version must be different.

This means forking the paid and free version into two separate branches of code or using other means which still essentially force me to produce two different apps.

This might work for commercial application but for an open source project, it makes the project more complicated that necessary and negatively impact the ability of people to read the source code.

So I am refunding the people that have purchased the app last week and setting the price of the current Android Rivers at http://goo.gl/kShgp as free (It may still say $2.00 depending where you are - it takes some hours for the updates to be reflected).

Dody G.

Dave Winer

Feb 5, 2013, 6:21:51 AM2/5/13
to river-...@googlegroups.com
Plase -- could you start a new list for your product?

This list was started for a design group working on the "beautiful river" project.

Thanks....

Dody Gunawinata

Feb 5, 2013, 6:31:18 AM2/5/13
to river-of-news