Android Rivers .04 is now available

Dody Gunawinata

Nov 29, 2012, 8:44:14 AM11/29/12
to river-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Greetings from Cairo. You can find the latest update to Android River at http://goo.gl/dxK5w with the name androidrivers-4.apk. This latest build is tested on an Android 2.2 only, so please try with care. I left the previous version on the folder just in case this latest version blows up on your newer phone.

This version brings a few new goodies:
  • Enclosure support.
    • Now you can view images if a news item has it. It has to explicitly download the image though.
    • If the enclosure is an mp3 file, you can download it directly to your phone. This is especially useful for the 'podcasts' river.
      • You can play a currently downloading mp3 directly by clicking on the notification.
  • News item now has a color indicator. A cyan indicator means that a news item contains an image. A magenta indicator means that it is a podcast item.
I am working for the following items for the next update:
  • An updated UI
  • Support for opml document in riverjs source element
I am getting better at Android but my flight time on the platform is still low. So I apologize for the rough edges in the app.

Dody G.

Mike Hellesen

Nov 29, 2012, 8:50:11 AM11/29/12
to river-...@googlegroups.com

Not seeing any obvious glitches on 4.1.1. Looks like its working well. Podcast downloads seem to be working. Good work.

Mike

Paul Clark

Nov 29, 2012, 6:07:53 PM11/29/12
to river-...@googlegroups.com
Version 4 is working fine on Nexus 4 with Android 4.2.

Paul

Dave Winer

Nov 30, 2012, 6:21:05 PM11/30/12
to River of news
Greetings from New York.

The URL of the JSON of my podcast river has changed, as indicated here.

Dave

Dody Gunawinata

Dec 1, 2012, 7:36:03 AM12/1/12
to river-...@googlegroups.com