Getting back in to Ham Radio Not Getting in to any repeaters at all.

zp31...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2020, 8:52:03 PM11/14/20
to River City ARCS
Hello, I am a ham KC6AGB started in the mid 80's, I took about 20 years off after my Mom and Dad became silent key, and now would like to start getting back into the hobby. I have a few rigs and finding that 2 Meters as well as low band is so very quiet compared to the old days. I have a couple old Radio Shack HTX202's that I have refurbished with new memory battery and re-set all, trying to get into any of the repeaters around like I used to, but cannot get into any at all, even with PL and offset correct. Any help would be very appreciated.
Brad.

Kevin Hooke KK6DCT

Nov 15, 2020, 12:55:18 AM11/15/20
to River City ARCS
Hi Brad - our club 2m repeater has wide coverage throughout Sacramento and surrounding area. Where are you located? Most of Sac can get into the repeater with just an HT, although further out you may need more power/better antenna.

The club has a Wednesday night checkin net at 8pm every week which you can try checking in to, we also have a daily Health and Welfare net at 7:30pm, details on the club website here http://www.n6na.org/nets

Kevin KK6DCT