Attention ARES: Severe Weather Expected for Thursday, December 15, 2017, Monitor N6ICW 147.195 (+) PL 123.0 Hz

Carol F. Milazzo

Dec 15, 2016, 6:01:58 PM12/15/16
to River City ARCS
From: Sacramento County ARES <sacramentocountyares@gmail.com>
Subject: Attention ARES: Severe Weather Expected for Thursday, December 15, 2017, Monitor N6ICW 147.195 (+) PL 123.0 Hz
Date: December 14, 2016 6:40:35 PM PST
To: Sacramento County ARES <sacramentocountyares@gmail.com>

Attention ARES Members,

With severe weather expected to enter our area overnight and though tomorrow night.  Sacramento County OES has requested our help in alerting them to what is happening within Sacramento County.  A Net Control Operator will be standing by all day tomorrow (Thursday, December 15, 2016), on the N6ICW repeater, 147.195 (+) PL 123.0 Hz.  Vince will make an announcement around 9am (0900) to request operators to contact Net Control about any storm related issues.  We will open a Net around 1 PM (1300) tomorrow when the Flood Watch goes into effect and the brunt of the storm is expected to arrive.

What to Report on:
-flooding
-power outages
-downed trees
-accidents
kind of what they are seeing in Sacramento County.

FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT: A BAND OF MODERATE TO HEAVY RAIN MOVING ACROSS THE VALLEY AND FOOTHILLS ON THURSDAY COULD CAUSE URBAN FLOODING AND PONDING OF WATER ON ROADWAYS. YOU SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS AND BE ALERT FOR POSSIBLE FLOOD WARNINGS.  THOSE LIVING IN IN AREAS PRONE TO FLOODING SHOULD BE PREPARED TO TAKE ACTION SHOULD FLOODING DEVELOP.

WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM TO 6 PM THURSDAY: SOUTHERLY WINDS INCREASING THOUGH THURSDAYWITH WINDS 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS OF 40 TO 60 MPH.