COMET NEOWISE

donri...@att.net

Aug 3, 2020, 1:28:02 AM8/3/20
to River City ARCS
Greetings:

Besides Amateur Radio, I enjoy other Hobbies as well... Astrophotography is one of them. With the recent opportunity to view Comet Neowise (C/2020 F3) I set out to photograph it several weeks ago... beginning at the Markleeville Airport on the eastern side of the Sierras south of Minden, NV. I photograph the sky at that location often because the night sky is gorgeous from there... and the Light Pollution on the Bortle Scale is a number 2. At my home in Rancho Cordova Light Pollution is a 7 on the Bortle Scale, a very significant  difference when one can see the Milky Way all across the night sky from the north horizion to the south. Then last week I set up my gear on Highway 88 at the Vista Point near Peddler Hill Maint. Station about 50 miles east of Jackson which is located on Highway 49.

Here is a shot of Neowise as it was passing over NW CA. Shooting Comets in the sky is ok but without any foreground reference they all begin to look so similar. I choose this scene with the pines because it adds composition and reference to the image.

Equipment Details: Camera: Nikon D4s, Secured to a Heavy Tripod. With 70-200 MM Nikkor Telephoto Lens. Post Processing: Adobe Photoshop.

73,

Don W6PJJ

NEOWISE THROUGH THE PINES 07-31-20 PSF VER II .jpg

jbdec...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2020, 7:02:15 PM9/9/20
to River City ARCS
very cool!