Week #3: Linux Desktop Environments

rit...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2020, 9:01:22 PM1/30/20
to ritlug-...@googlegroups.com

Hey RITluggers,

This week Jeffery and Tim will be going over everything you need to know about Linux Window Managers and Desktop Environments. With so many different options out there, what makes each DE special, and where do window managers play a role? Come to this week’s meeting to find out!

We are still looking for one more student to join our eboard as a deputy! This is a low responsibility eboard role aimed at training people and transitioning them into full eboard positions starting next school year. If you are interested, please talk to Jeffery during a meeting or on slack within the next couple weeks. We will announce eboard deputies shortly.

Hope to see you all this week!

  • Tim Zabel (Tjzabel)

What is RITlug?

RITlug is a student-led organization to promote and teach students about Linux & open source. We work on projects and discuss interesting topics in the Linux & open source communities. The best way to communicate is in the Slack #general channel, although for general open source discussion there’s more activity in the #foss channel.

---
news post: https://ift.tt/36NmXwY