Rutgers NPSC, national model for crime prevention & public safety

Joel Caplan

Sep 29, 2022, 8:00:55 AM9/29/22
to risk-terrain-modeling, rutge...@googlegroups.com
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA), announced today that they’re funding the project at Rutgers University—Newark, led by the Newark Public Safety Collaborative (NPSC).

Read Associate Attorney General Vanita Gupta's Remarks for the 2022 Safety and Justice Challenge: www.justice.gov/opa/speech/associate-attorney-general-vanita-gupta-delivers-remarks-2022-safety-and-justice

Many other important and impactful projects throughout the country were funded and mentioned as well. We’re proud to be in such great company.

EXCERPT:
"
Also this year, our Bureau of Justice Assistance is funding a new effort, called “Reimagining Justice.” The idea behind Reimagining Justice is to test new community safety strategies that complement traditional enforcement and that may help better address community needs. Our goal here is to enlist and empower community stakeholders in solving public safety problems.

Today, we are announcing funding for a project by Rutgers University in Newark called “The Newark Public Safety Collaborative: Empowering Community Organizations to Become Co-producers of Public Safety.”

Under this award, the Newark Public Safety Collaborative will seek to democratize the use of data and analytics in order to empower community organizations to become “co-producers” of public safety and mobilize community resources and expertise to help problem-solve Newark’s most pressing crime issues. The result will be a coordinated response between community-based organizations and law enforcement working collectively towards the common goal of delivering public safety that is focused on crime prevention.
"

Learn more about the NPSC at  newarkcollaborative.org