Nov 4: Seminar series — Risky Places for Crime

Joel Caplan

Oct 21, 2021, 7:54:54 PM10/21/21
🚨 Seminar 18: International Seminar Series - Risky Places for Crime 👉 "Combining data and community resources to reduce crime at risky places"

Abstract:

Crime prevention efforts require strong capacities for collaborative problem-solving and coordination of multiple community stakeholders. Research evidence and case studies will show how to topple silos and integrate multiple stakeholders into data-informed crime prevention strategies that maximize existing local resources at the places that need them most. You will learn how to turn data into risk narratives, or stories, that connect situational contexts with crime patterns and that spur collective actions for prevention programming. We will discuss how police can share the burden of crime prevention with community partners, and how, through co-production, both can enhance public safety without a heavy reliance on law enforcement.