Community Focused Crime Prevention with OpSS

Joel Caplan

Jul 16, 2020, 10:40:51 AM7/16/20
to risk-terrain-modeling, rutge...@googlegroups.com
Implementation of Operation Safe Surroundings (OpSS) in several U.S. cities has shown to reduce shootings & other violence by over 35%.

Of the roughly 15,000 yearly homicides in United States, thats potentially 5,000 lives *positively* affected each year. Imagine if cities and police departments protected and served their local communities through OpSS to effect anti-violence programs that worked, and could be sustained...

With OpSS, your anti-violence campaign can yield exponential returns on investment in terms of lives *and* local criminal justice system and emergency healthcare costs. For instance, just 6 fewer violent crimes could save over $200,000 and free up more than 9 hours of a police officer's patrol time [Reference A; Reference B].

Preventing violence with OpSS costs very little, and saves a lot. Focusing just on homicides could equate to improving over 5,000 lives and saving over $165,000,000.

Read the OpSS how-to guide produced by the Rutgers Center on Public Security. It's only 30 pages, double spaced!

Want a printed copy of OpSS, let me know and I'll mail you one. Want RTMDx software for free, here it is. Want to meet "real people" on-the-ground using this stuff, I'll make the email introductions. Need other help or resources, tell me what you need and how I can support your efforts. Let's focus on crime prevention and community engagement together!