Missing Quotes

Cam: @muunkky

Aug 19, 2012, 3:15:55 AM8/19/12
to risee...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I've started having issues (again) with property and entity names containing spaces.

I noticed Rise uses quotes to allow spaces in the MySql code generator. But recently I've been getting a SQL Syntax error message every once in a while when I add a property/entity with a space. For example, see the following line of generated code:

ALTER TABLE "t_alpha_u_Download Code" MODIFY COLUMN c_u_Redirect URL VARCHAR(512) NULL;

The error is due to a lack of quotes being generated around the "c_u_Redirect URL" column. Since this is in the history of the evolution of the model, this error comes up every time I generate the code even if I change the property to one without a space.

So far the only workaround I have come up with is to nuke and pave (drop all tables and refactor).

Ola Hellgren

Aug 20, 2012, 5:38:29 AM8/20/12
to risee...@googlegroups.com
Ok, that sounds annoying ... if you start the code generator from the start menu and check for upgrades you'll find a patched version.

Best regards, Ola