Clicking Generate, but nothing happens

Iain Fogg

Dec 9, 2010, 9:42:01 AM12/9/10
to risee...@googlegroups.com
Hi, just downloaded the RISE application with the AJAX and PHP For MySql generators, but when I edit a model and click on Generate Code, I get the Generate Code dialog.

However, when I click on Tools, Generate I see the hourglass briefly then it returns, with no sign of anything having happened. I can't find any code anywhere, and I received no confirmation of anything having been generated.

Please could someone help out by telling me either where the code was generated, or what to do to get it to actually do the generation?

Many thanks - apologies if this was a daft question!

Iain

Joar Swenning

Dec 9, 2010, 11:47:40 AM12/9/10
to RISE
Hi Iain,
I'm not sure exactly what you have or haven't done so it's a bit hard
to say what's the reason for your not getting it to work.
For starters; have you checked the information about running code
generators from inside RISE? It is linked in the fourth paragraph of
the site page that you see in the Generate Code dialogue. Or directly
at: http://www.risetobloome.com/Page_1_S.aspx?item=1906

Check that you have taken all the steps described there and let me
know weather it helped.

Best regards,
Joar

Iain Fogg

Dec 9, 2010, 11:56:46 AM12/9/10
to RISE
Hi Joar, thanks for your prompt reply

I am following that, but where it says the tabs should appear, they
don't do, and I don't get any info about what did or didn't happen.

I also tried opening the generator directly from Program Files; I gave
it the model and the folder to output to, and all I got was a .result
file, and again no code.

I've literally just installed it, created a simply model with two
unrelated entities, downloaded the two generators I mentioned, and
followed the steps as outlined in the document you sent me.

I wish I could say more - feel free to ask anything that might help me
give the info you need!

Iain

Joar Swenning

Dec 9, 2010, 1:29:19 PM12/9/10
to RISE
Hi again,
The problem is probably that you are trying to generate code with code
generators that need interfaces in the model to have something to
generate. If you try to run a db code generator instead you should get
the code for a db equivalent to your model.

To generate the application layer code, first add interfaces for what
you want to access then try again.
http://www.risetobloome.com/Page_1_S_NodeListing.aspx?ITEM=554
Thanks for pointing this out, although functioning as intended there
should of course be som kind of notification about why you do not get
a result.

Best regards and good luck on your project,
Joar

Iain Fogg

Dec 10, 2010, 5:52:28 AM12/10/10
to RISE
Thanks, I've done that and it's now coming through with generated
code.

Thanks again for your help

Iain

Joar Swenning

Dec 10, 2010, 6:05:48 AM12/10/10
to RISE
Great!
I'm glad we were able to help.
Since we are offering the RISE Editor for free we don't have an easy
way to get knowledge about what people around the world use it for so
if you feel up to it we would of course appreciate a lot to hear or
see more when you have something that you don't mind to share.
Best regards,
Joar