T-SQL code generation

ph...@ceh.ac.uk

Jan 20, 2010, 8:52:09 AM1/20/10
to risee...@googlegroups.com
I have created a model and am generating T-SQL code. However, the T-SQL code always includes entities that I have added and then subsequently deleted from the model.

The entities have definitely been deleted (not just hidden) and when I generate documentation the deleted entities are not shown.

Joar Swenning

Jan 20, 2010, 10:39:07 AM1/20/10
to RISE
Hi,
I guess that your's is the same issue as the one that user novnov
posted on Jan. 10 so I''ll cite Håkan's answer to that post:

"RISE allows you to work with and updata databases containing live
data. In order to make this possible, RISE never deletes any data in
your database. However, tables and columns that have been deleted in
the model are renamed in the database according to the model naming
convention.

When you generate code, the script contains the entire model
evolution
and all the evolution sequencences that have not already been run
will
be. This means that you can use one model to update any number of
systems independent of where they are in the evolution.

If loss of data is not an issue for you, then you should refactor
your
model, delete your database manually and generate it again."

If I was wrong in my assumption regarding the issue, please provide
some more details.

Best regards,
Joar