dNOEXbNtwJFEX

gretch...@yahoo.com

Sep 27, 2012, 4:17:03 PM9/27/12
to risee...@googlegroups.com
that, two things to check:1. Since you used the phsrae table scan my guess is that you have already done this, but it bears mentioning: make sure you have an index on the field you're querying on.2. The table size matters to the optimizer. For tables with a certain number of rows or fewer, the optimizer figures that the time to look through an index and then correlate back to the noted rows is more expensive than simply scanning the table. It is possible this is the case in your situation.Regarding multiple queries vs. a table scan: I find it difficult to believe that issuing (in terms of the article) 20 or 30 queries would be more performant than issuing 1 query that uses a table scan. But, what I believe and what is actually true should be subject to a test of some sort. That's the sort of thing you would want to benchmark. (When benchmarking, be sure to reduce variability, and to bench against a system that closely resembles production, including the volume of data in production.)