Free version on XPSP2 - crash when generate code to file

David F. Sklar

Mar 6, 2009, 5:16:22 PM3/6/09
to RISE
Greetings - new user just trying this out. Love the editor!
Brilliant. But I have no luck with Generate Code to File.

If I choose the ODBC option, the "Generate Code" button simply does
nothing - no code shows up in the big pane in that modal dialog box.

If I choose the TSQL option, the app immediately crashes when I click
on "Generate Code". This XP box does happen to have SQL Server
Express (2005) installed, FYI.

What are my options for continuing to diagnose?

David F. Sklar

Mar 6, 2009, 5:17:12 PM3/6/09
to RISE
CORRECTION: This crash is occurring on XP SP THREE (3) not sp2.

hellgr...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2009, 8:57:54 AM3/7/09
to RISE
Hi David,

I trust you're unaware of the fact that there's data in the SubProcess
entity. I you right-click the entity and chose Manage Data in the
popup menu you can see a list of country names; perhaps, you've
started out from the Hello World project template? Anyway, if you
delete these countries you'll be able to generate the database code.

Thanks a lot for submitting the crash log to us, that's really
helpful. Actually, what happens to the code generator is a controlled
error that the Editor ought to catch rather than closing down. We'll
address that asap.

Best regards,
Ola
> > What are my options for continuing to diagnose?- Dölj citerad text -
>
> - Visa citerad text -

David F. Sklar

Mar 7, 2009, 10:33:17 AM3/7/09
to RISE
Indeed that was the issue. Thanks for the very quick response!