DateTimeZone::__construct(): Unknown or bad timezone (Factory)

danskfak...@gmail.com

May 5, 2013, 1:13:48 PM5/5/13
to risee...@googlegroups.com
According to the php manual (http://www.php.net/manual/en/timezones.others.php) Factory is (still) a Supported Timezone - however, I just upgraded to php 5.3.3 and Factory is not a working Timezone.

Major implication since all the database objects generated by RISE uses Factory!

What to do?

Brgds.,
Kasper Oldby

Håkan Olsen

May 17, 2013, 9:10:50 AM5/17/13
to risee...@googlegroups.com, danskfak...@gmail.com
Hi Kasper,
We are looking into this now and we will get back to you as soon as we have a solution.

Best regards,
R2B Software

Håkan Olsen

May 20, 2013, 8:32:29 AM5/20/13
to risee...@googlegroups.com, danskfak...@gmail.com
Hi Kasper,
We installed PHP 5.3.3. and the Factory time zone works for us, so I guess our version is slightly different from yours. However, the documentation states that in future versions of PHP the Factory time zone will not be supported.

We have updated the PHP code generators to use UTC instead. If you download new versions of the codegenerators, your generated code should work. We are looking for a solution where the time zone is configurable, that will work with the coming releases of php aswell as older versions, and that generates backward compatible code.

However, the new code generators should solve the problem for now.

Best regards,
R2B Software