Easy Fix for DateTime Compatibility

Cam: @muunkky

Aug 30, 2010, 1:50:48 PM8/30/10
to RISE
Hi,

My regional settings cause a problem with the datetime format used as
the default by Rise. (dd/MM/yyyy).

This is an absolute show-stopper that requires me to manually edit the
generated code.

If you could kindly change the default to the ISO Standard format for
sending the datetime data to SQL Server, which is "YYYYMMDD" (no
separators). Using the ISO format is more "international," and is
independent of the default language.

Thanks in advance.

Cameron

Cam: @muunkky

Aug 30, 2010, 3:13:57 PM8/30/10
to RISE
Current workaround:

Add 'SET DATEFORMAT "dmy"' to start of script.

HOlsen

Aug 31, 2010, 12:25:53 PM8/31/10
to RISE
I am guessing that you refer to dates stored in the model via the data
manager. Dates entered into the datamanager are actually stored in the
model in ISO 9601 format. When dates are presented to a user in the
data manager, it is presented according to the regional settings of
the client computer. However, as you pointed out, when generating a
database script the date is also generated according to the regional
settings of the client computer. We will update the code generators so
that they generate dates in an ISO format accepted by the databases.

Best regards,
RISE to Bloome Software