Corruption and Breach Filter – Let’s trap the exploit!

Tim Niklas Witte

Feb 13, 2023, 7:58:26 AM2/13/23
to riscv-boom
Hello!

the last months, I had an amazing journey through the BOOM processor and understanding out-of-order processor cores. This semester, I have received my bachelor degree in computer science. In my thesis, I have developed the Corruption and Breach Filter (CBF). It is a processor expansion for a superscalar out-of-order core enforcing data-flow integrity. In other words, this expansion detects if the running software is being hacked. For demonstration purposes, I integrated the CBF into the BOOM processor. In my thesis, I showed that the CBF is able to detect sophisticated exploits.

Here is the link: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Tim-Witte/publication/367392707_Corruption_and_Breach_Filter_Prevent_Memory_Corruptions_and_Data_Breaches_by_Enforcing_Data-Flow_Integrity_in_Superscalar_Out-Of-Order_Architectures/links/63d11be4d9fb5967c204a308/Corruption-and-Breach-Filter-Prevent-Memory-Corruptions-and-Data-Breaches-by-Enforcing-Data-Flow-Integrity-in-Superscalar-Out-Of-Order-Architectures.pdf

Best,

Tim