intro from a Providence n00b

Jason Woodward

Mar 13, 2012, 8:47:38 PM3/13/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
Hi! I'm new to Providence and just found this group. I'm participating in Betaspring 2012, which is about halfway over. We're a rails shop building a SaaS application which helps Higher Education with their purchasing decisions.

So, I missed the last meeting by mere days :(  Anyone up for an informal meetup here at the Betaspring offices sometime? Three of us in this class do Rails, and we'd love to chat shop before next month's meeting.

There's free #{your favorite beverage} in it for you :)

Jason

Eric Krause

Mar 13, 2012, 9:50:38 PM3/13/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
I'm up for it, and free most nights.

Eric Krause

Ben Simpson

Mar 13, 2012, 10:10:48 PM3/13/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jason,

I would love to hear about your application. The user group is a great place to reach out and get some ideas and information about emerging technologies, as well as provide some professional networking. I worked in Higher Education for seven years, so I would love to hear about your product from that angle as well. Maybe I can gather a party of interested people and we can set a date? If anyone is interested, please contact me, or message the group.

The next RIRUG meeting is scheduled for April 11th, in case we don't meet before then.

Ben

Adam Tucker

Mar 13, 2012, 10:47:35 PM3/13/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
Several of us are right down the street at 171 Chestnut, I'd be glad to meet up anytime for #{beverage}.

Jason Woodward

Mar 14, 2012, 11:25:45 AM3/14/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
Sweet!  Let's set a tentative date/time of 3/21 at 5 PM at Betaspring.  I'd love to show you all a demo of what we're building and talk about what we built it with.  Something super informal.  Then maybe start a discussion of what you all are doing for automated testing / CI.

Or play some pingpong :)

Jason
--
Jason Woodward
Co-Founder, CTO, RecoVend

Ben Simpson

Mar 21, 2012, 9:13:14 AM3/21/12
to RI Ruby User Group
Are we still on for today at 5? The MoDevRI meetup is happing tonight
at the MojoTech offices, so I hope there isn't a scheduling conflict:
http://www.meetup.com/MoDevRI/events/55219032/

I'm not sure if there is any overlap between the two groups, but I
just wanted to lock in my plans.

Ben

On Mar 14, 11:25 am, Jason Woodward <ja...@recovend.com> wrote:
> Sweet!  Let's set a tentative date/time of 3/21 at 5 PM at Betaspring.  I'd
> love to show you all a demo of what we're building and talk about what we
> built it with.  Something super informal.  Then maybe start a discussion of
> what you all are doing for automated testing / CI.
>
> Or play some pingpong :)
>
> Jason

Jason Woodward

Mar 21, 2012, 10:42:06 AM3/21/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
Turns out I'm one of the overlaps.  That's what I get for running two calendars!

I'm still game here, but I'll cancel if there are others who wanted to do both here and MoDevRI.

Anyone else fall into that category?

Adam Tucker

Mar 21, 2012, 4:09:08 PM3/21/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
Any word on this? I'm not going to MoDev but I don't know how many people are a definite yes for BetaSpring.

Jason Woodward

Mar 21, 2012, 4:15:37 PM3/21/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
I haven't heard from anyone else offlist so it'll be us three (me, you and Ben).  Lemme know if you want to punt. No sweat.

Ben Simpson

Mar 21, 2012, 4:47:36 PM3/21/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
Jason, lets reschedule the Betaspring visit so that we don't exclude
you from MoDevRI.

Jason Woodward

Mar 21, 2012, 4:51:41 PM3/21/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ben - much appreciated.  Sounds like a good plan to me.