May meeting / Presentation ideas

Ben Simpson

Apr 13, 2012, 2:18:07 PM4/13/12
to RI Ruby User Group
Thanks to Batchblue for hosting April's meeting, and to Eric Krause
for showing off Sublime Text 2. It sounds like we have some potential
topics for next month for anyone who is interested in presenting.
Specifically I mentioned (or heard mentioned) the following topics:

* Pry
* Converting a JS library to a jQuery plugin
* Tower.js
* Working with graph based database
* CoffeeScript tutorial

Please let me know if you are interested in presenting any of these
topics. Additional topics are also welcome.

Additionally we motioned last meeting to expand the list of topics to
include non-Ruby related talks, while still keeping them related to
web development. Hopefully broadening the scope of valid topics will
spur additional presentations.

The next meeting has been set for the 5/23, meeting place TBD. Hope to
see everyone there!

Eric Krause

Apr 13, 2012, 2:57:17 PM4/13/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
We don't mind hosting at the Batchhaus. Though if someone or another
group wanted to grab food and drinks that would be great.

Eric Krause

David Piehler

May 18, 2012, 11:49:24 AM5/18/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
Looks like PVD Geeks is also meeting on May 23rd. Does this affect plans for the RUG meeting?

http://www.providencegeeks.com/2012/05/17/may-geek-dinner-at-icerm/

Eric Krause

May 18, 2012, 11:53:21 AM5/18/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
Not unless everyone would rather go to geeks. I'm not interested in
the talk, so I'll still be here. If anyone else wants to come by, we
can chat it up.

Eric Krause
> --
> "RI Ruby User Group" group.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rirug/-/0eM8J_GCFB8J.

Jason Woodward

May 18, 2012, 11:55:35 AM5/18/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
I'm in for RIRUG.
--
Jason Woodward
Co-Founder, CTO, RecoVend

Joe Alba

May 21, 2012, 3:00:55 PM5/21/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there as well.

On May 18, 2012, at 11:55 AM, Jason Woodward wrote:

> I'm in for RIRUG.
>
> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Eric Krause <eric....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not unless everyone would rather go to geeks. I'm not interested in
> the talk, so I'll still be here. If anyone else wants to come by, we
> can chat it up.
>
> Eric Krause
>

> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 11:49 AM, David Piehler <davidp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Looks like PVD Geeks is also meeting on May 23rd. Does this affect plans for
> > the RUG meeting?
> >
> > http://www.providencegeeks.com/2012/05/17/may-geek-dinner-at-icerm/

---------------------------------
Joe Alba
http://www.joealba.com

rusty

May 22, 2012, 10:09:01 AM5/22/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
Is there a time and location?

This will be my first RIRUG meeting, but I'll be there.

Eric Krause

May 22, 2012, 10:24:50 AM5/22/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
6pm Wednesday the 23rd at the batchhaus 171 Chestnust St. Providence
RI http://is.gd/YBfOH6
It's above the Art Bar.
We will be here all day, so feel free to come over early if anyone wants to.

Eric Krause
> --
> "RI Ruby User Group" group.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rirug/-/pvTeEk9_eBkJ.

Eric Krause

May 23, 2012, 12:24:35 PM5/23/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
I've got Alba, Rusty, Rankin, Jason and myself all saying they will be
there tonight. David, are you still planning on coming? Anyone else?
If so, just let me know so I can order food/drinks appropriately.

Eric Krause

Jason Woodward

May 23, 2012, 1:52:24 PM5/23/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
I have to head out of town for the weekend a bit early, unexpectedly :(

So, I'm out.  Next month!

Ben Simpson

May 23, 2012, 3:54:56 PM5/23/12
to RI Ruby User Group
I'll be there, and I have my jQuery plugin presentation ready.

On May 23, 1:52 pm, Jason Woodward <ja...@recovend.com> wrote:
> I have to head out of town for the weekend a bit early, unexpectedly :(
>
> So, I'm out.  Next month!
>

> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Eric Krause <eric.kra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've got Alba, Rusty, Rankin, Jason and myself all saying they will be
> > there tonight.  David, are you still planning on coming?  Anyone else?
> >  If so, just let me know so I can order food/drinks appropriately.
>
> > Eric Krause
>
> > On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Eric Krause <eric.kra...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > 6pm Wednesday the 23rd at the batchhaus 171 Chestnust St.  Providence
> > > RI  http://is.gd/YBfOH6
> > > It's above the Art Bar.
> > > We will be here all day, so feel free to come over early if anyone wants
> > to.
>
> > > Eric Krause

> > davidpieh...@gmail.com>

Joe Alba

May 23, 2012, 4:02:24 PM5/23/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
We could just play with Google's Moog doodle for an hour and a half and call it a night.

Ben Simpson

May 23, 2012, 5:06:18 PM5/23/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
Could I request a projector for my presentation? Sorry for the late notice...

Joe Alba

May 23, 2012, 5:08:21 PM5/23/12
to ri...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I will bring the projector