RIPUL 2024 - Captain Application, Signup Info & Important Dates

Sticky DiMascio

Mar 11, 2024, 2:08:20 PMMar 11
to RIPUL Announcements

People,

RIPUL 2024 is getting started already, and we hope everyone is excited for another great summer of ultimate!

CAPTAIN APPLICATION

Each summer, we have captains volunteer to lead our teams, and we are always on the lookout for more!  If you think you would be a good fit, you are welcome to volunteer.  Our captains pairs are always a WMP & MMP; if you don’t have anyone in mind to co-captain with right away, no worries!  The Board can help pair other single-application folks up; these pairs would NOT be mandatory and would be at each player’s discretion if they think they would get along well.  Captain responsibilities each summer are:  drafting their team (there are people at the draft to help!), sending out email reminders each week, leading their teams in huddles/discussions, reporting spirit scores after games, etc.  Captains also get to bypass the lottery and play for free!  Captain Application will go live on MARCH 18th 2024, so be on the lookout!

SIGNUPS/LOTTERY

We will have signups for RIPUL Mixed 2024 go live on Friday, April 12th (mark your calendars!) and will be open for 24 hours. We will once again have a lottery style admission to the league. All league applicants are placed in a "pool", and then ALL players will be randomly drawn until we reach capacity. This process ensures that we are able to maximize signups and continue growing the league. Players who recruit a new WMP to RIPUL will also bypass the lottery.  More detailed info about signups will be sent closer to sign up day.

LEAGUE INFO

Game Nights: Monday & Wednesday 6:15-8:20p May 27th - August 7th (22 games)

Tournament Date: Saturday August 10th (all day)

Fields Sites: Rehoboth Youth Soccer fields, Lincoln School fields, potential satellite fields

Cost: $100

Discounts: $40-off for new (to RIPUL) women-matching players (WMP). $20-off for players who recruit a new woman-matching player. Reimbursed after admission to the league.

TIMELINE

Captain Application March 18th

Mixed Signups April 12th

Lottery Draw Day April 16th (Announced April 17th)

Jersey Submission April 25th

Draft May 2nd (Announced May 3rd)

Learning Clinic May 20th @ Lincoln School fields

Women’s Clinic  May 22nd @ Lincoln School fields

Season Start May 27th (Memorial Day)

RIPUL Mixer June 2nd @ The Guild, Pawtucket

Tournament August 10th @ RYS fields

End of Season Party August 10th @ The Guild, Pawtucket

As always, feel free to direct any questions to the Board if you need.

-The RIPUL Board of Directors

Sticky DiMascio

Mar 18, 2024, 9:23:43 AMMar 18
to RIPUL Announcements

People,

The time has come!  The Captain’s Application is live

CAPTAIN APPLICATION & NOMINATIONS

If you would like to be a captain this summer for RIPUL, please take the time to fill out the application.  You do NOT need to have a co-captain in mind when you fill it out.  Each captain set will be a MMP and a WMP; please do not advocate for 2 of either gender match-up or a triple captain set.  Players selected to captain will bypass the lottery, get into the league for free, and draft their own team!

Don’t want to captain?  No worries!  Do you have someone in mind that you think would make a good captain?  Fill out this captain nomination form and the Board can reach out to them about volunteering.  We’re always looking for more volunteers to step up and captain!

SIGNUPS & LOTTERY

We will have signups for RIPUL Mixed 2024 go live on Friday, April 12th (mark your calendars!) and will be open for 24 hours.  We will once again have a lottery style admission to the league. All league applicants are placed in a "pool", and then ALL players will be randomly drawn until we reach capacity. This process ensures that we are able to maximize signups and continue growing the league. Players who recruit a new WMP to RIPUL will also bypass the lottery.  More detailed info about signups will be sent closer to sign up day.

JERSEY DESIGN

Each summer, we accept player submissions for the RIPUL jersey design.  The winner will be decided from a subcommittee of Board members, and the winner will receive free entry to RIPUL!  Please submit your design as a PDF to ad...@ripul.org.  Submissions due by April 25th!

As always, let us know if you have any questions / concerns.  Thanks!

-The RIPUL Board of Directors