IOUs for budgeting

Leonid Shikhov

Jun 25, 2016, 12:04:12 PM6/25/16
to Ripple Project

Hello,

I'm doing a public budget spending optimization model based on IOUs concept. I consider budget as a promise to pay if there will be contracts, that superior governmental institution gives to it's subordinate spending unit. So I represent all public contracts as a graph and find there some cycles where money never will go out from government as they will circulate from one budget organization to another. Which means, that corresponding budget can be released and send to some other organizations or activities. But is's only reporting currently. As a next step, I want to make a prototype of a transactional subsystem for budget transfers based on such cases. Please be kind to advise, is it a good idea to use “old ripple” platform for this task?

Best regards, Leonid

Ryan Fugger

Jun 25, 2016, 1:02:47 PM6/25/16
to Ripple Project
Conceptually you could probably fit your idea into the "old Ripple" at https://ripplepay.com/.  But I doubt the interface would be ideal for your use case.  You'd probably want to code this from scratch.  There are lots of graph packages that can handle cycle detection and min-cost flow calculations if that's appropriate for your transactional subsystem...

Old code is here: