New subreddit for the old-classic-Ripple ideas and discussion

Giovanni Parra

Jan 4, 2018, 6:31:33 PM1/4/18
to Ripple Project
Since https://www.reddit.com/r/ripplers/ seems abandoned and totally taken out by XRP speculation people (I never knew such channel existed before 3 days ago, when I found it it was already in a bad shape), I've created https://www.reddit.com/r/classicripple/ and pretend to keep XRP people out.

Jeffrey Cliff

Jan 5, 2018, 5:47:40 PM1/5/18
to Ripple Project
I created /r/ripplers - Just a FYI it wasn't abandoned per se -- I was shadowbanned off of reddit.

Reddit is not a place that people should be directing their efforts to cultivate material on, it is rife with censorship and the problem goes right to the top.  Don't make the same mistake I made - I spent 8 years of my life trying to form communities, including but not limited to this one, all for naught.  I can't even grab all of my posts, since after a year or so they no longer show up on your user page.

Find somewhere that isn't centralized, that isn't just another walled garden for NSA-friendly despots that won't let you export your data from them when push comes to shove and it's time to leave.

Jeff Cliff

Giovanni P

Jan 5, 2018, 8:01:57 PM1/5/18
to rippleusers
Ok.

Thank you.
I never knew there was such a thing as a shadowban, I'm a pretty new at Reddit.

I'll believe you and follow your advice.