Mutual credit score

Daniel

Mar 3, 2017, 6:22:25 PM3/3/17
to Ripple Project
With traditional credit ratings, the user balance is not displayed to banks and others, as it is in many mutual credit systems and villages/ripple. Instead, there is a score.

A score provides more privacy and can relay much more information. It could also be used as incentive to spend, as an alternative or complement to Demurrage style schemes.

In our decentralized mutual credit community, what characteristics would give someone a high score?

Are distinct personal & public score necessary?

The question is.. What do we want people to do?   Create credit, spend, post, balance credit, engage in the system.

I heard of a timebank that bases scores on how often user's cross the 0 threshold.. I thought that was a cool aspect to consider.

I appreciate the feedback of this community!
Mahalo
Daniel

Ryan Fugger

Mar 6, 2017, 3:53:47 PM3/6/17
to Ripple Project
What are you trying to accomplish with a credit score?  The objective will inform the design.

Victoria Chung

Mar 14, 2017, 2:48:31 AM3/14/17
to Ripple Project
Hi Daniel,

Is your question related specifically to the Relationships Summary (Reputation, Overall Balance & Trusted Balance) on Villages profiles? Exploring its purpose, pros and cons in how it affects user participation?

Daniel

Mar 15, 2017, 1:59:45 AM3/15/17
to Ripple Project
That's correct