Ripple has released version 1.4.0 of
rippled, the reference implementation of the core XRP Ledger protocol. To learn more about how to build and run a
rippled server, see Manage the
If you operate an XRP Ledger server, then you should upgrade to XRP Ledger version 1.4.0 by Friday, 2020-01-17, to ensure service continuity.
Impact of Not Upgrading
Ripple expects the fixPayChanRecipientOwnerDir and fixCheckThreading Amendments to become enabled on Friday, 2020-01-17. When this happens, if you are not running release 1.4.0 or greater, your server will become amendment blocked, meaning that it:
- Cannot determine the validity of a ledger;
- Cannot submit or process transactions;
- Cannot participate in the consensus process;
- Cannot vote on future amendments; and
- Could rely on potentially invalid data.
If the Amendments do not become enabled, then your XRP Ledger server will not become Amendment blocked and should continue to operate.