Invitation: Bring Technolochicas to your school!

Gabriela Arroyo

Apr 29, 2024, 6:15:45 PMApr 29
to east-texas-k-1...@googlegroups.com, rio-grande-valley-...@googlegroups.com, laura....@fundaciontelevisa.org

Hi STEM Educators,

We’re thrilled to share several ways to bring Technolochicas, an initiative of the Televisa Foundation, Google, Infosys, and Univision, to your schools and communities.

Quick context: Technolochicas has trained over 30,000 middle and high school students from underrepresented communities in four basic CS topics: website development, app creation, AI, and robotics (IOT). Using a model that prioritizes representation, we bring mentors studying STEM degrees at higher education institutions who have overcome barriers themselves to teach the courses to your students, ages 11-16.

Interested in bringing Technolochicas to your school?

  • Afterschool Course:

✅ Launch a TC afterschool program with a group of 15-30 students and receive two mentors to give one of our four courses

✅ Courses can be accommodated to your school’s schedule.

📌 Reserve a time to have an informational session.

  • Virtual Course:

✅ Invite students from your campus join our Virtual Web Development Bootcamp which will connect them to Latinas from all across the country as they code and design their first websites.

📌 Share our post and application with your community via social media or newsletter to get students excited!

  • Summer Camp:

✅Our 10-hour course can adapt to the summer camp style you have implemented, so it can last for one or two weeks, during which your students will make a final presentation showcasing what they have learned.

📌 Reserve a time to have an informational session.

Thank you for considering this invitation. We look forward to hearing from you soon.