Quantum, Computing, Mathematics, & Physics (QCaMP) Camps for High School Teachers & Students

Berry, Tricia S

Feb 14, 2024, 9:53:50 AMFeb 14
to Central Texas K12 STEM Outreach (central-texas-k12-stem-outreach@googlegroups.com), dfw-k12-st...@googlegroups.com, East Texas K12 STEM Outreach Group, el-paso-k12-...@googlegroups.com, houston-k-12-...@googlegroups.com, laredo-k-12-...@googlegroups.com, rio-grande-valley-...@googlegroups.com, san-antonio-k1...@googlegroups.com, waco-k-12-s...@googlegroups.com, west-texas-k12...@googlegroups.com

The strangeness of quantum physics is being harnessed to revolutionize computing as we know it.  At QCaMP (Quantum, Computing, Mathematics, & Physics), you will get a primer on computing fundamentals, learn hands-on about quantum physics, and apply those phenomena to solve computing problems in new ways.

QCaMP is a (virtual and in-person) camp aimed at the high school level, with separate programs for high school teachers and students hosted at locations in California and New Mexico.  QCaMP is FREE. Stipends are available for both teacher and student participants. Additional travel funds may be available for teachers traveling 50 miles or more to attend in person.

You will gain experience creating circuits on a real-world quantum computer and gain access to learning resources.  The only prerequisites for this camp are basic algebra and an interest in learning more!

Student Summer Camp: July 1-26, 2024

Teacher Summer Camp: June 10-12, 2024

Learn more and apply by April 1 at https://quantumsystemsaccelerator.org/qcamp/.

Tricia Berry

she, her, hers

·  Executive Director, Women in STEM (WiSTEM)

·  Broadening Participation Director, Center for Dynamics and Control of Materials (CDCM) – an NSF MRSEC

The University of Texas at Austin | Division of Campus and Community Engagement

trici...@utexas.edu | community.utexas.edu/womeninstem | @utwistem

Book time to meet with me

My working day may not be your working day, so please do not feel obliged to reply outside of your normal working hours.

Feb 15, 2024, 12:55:23 PMFeb 15
to Central Texas K12 STEM Outreach (central-texas-k12-stem-outreach@googlegroups.com), dfw-k12-st...@googlegroups.com, East Texas K12 STEM Outreach Group, el-paso-k12-...@googlegroups.com, houston-k-12-...@googlegroups.com, laredo-k-12-...@googlegroups.com, rio-grande-valley-...@googlegroups.com, san-antonio-k1...@googlegroups.com, waco-k-12-s...@googlegroups.com, west-texas-k12...@googlegroups.com

As the messenger asked to share this info widely, I do not have more information on this other than this response to the “but the form looks like this is only for California and New Mexico teachers and students” question:

Thanks for reaching out.  Our funding is specifically for California and New Mexico participants. That said, we are looking to scale the teacher camp this year, so if there are regions/school districts in neighboring TX and other states that are interested in hosting their own teacher cohorts, we can discuss.  The instruction would be done live by quantum researchers and virtually streamed to the other cohort locations.  We would ask that the partners in other regions provide a classroom for their teachers, do the outreach/marketing and registration, and provide materials (~$100/participant) and stipends ($1000/participant) directly to their region participants.  Please let us know how we can support!

If this is of interest to you, contact the QCaMP team directly to figure out how to fill out the form.

For further information or opportunities, reach out to the QCaMP team: qc...@sandia.gov