flamegraphs

Simon Oberhammer

Jan 1, 2015, 8:25:15 AM1/1/15
to rin...@googlegroups.com
I did two flamegraphs of a ringo web app under load. One run with default settings, and another run with lots of optimizations.

You can checkout the full SVG images here (big files):

 * http://nekapuzer.at/ringojs-flamegraph/normal.svg
 * http://nekapuzer.at/ringojs-flamegraph/optimized.svg

It's a pretty cool visualization tool for profiling. Will definitely use this to look at the big picture again.

A wrote a lengthy post (yeah, i love flamegraphs...) with more details and annotated graphs: http://nekapuzer.at/ringojs-flamegraph/

If you want to try it yourself, the flamegraph website has good instructions: http://www.brendangregg.com/FlameGraphs/cpuflamegraphs.html#Java

enjoy
 simon

Philipp Naderer

Jan 1, 2015, 12:48:28 PM1/1/15
to rin...@googlegroups.com
Great article! And this on the first day of the new year. Looks like
2015 will be a good year for Ringo ;-)

Bye
Philipp

Simon Oberhammer

Jan 2, 2015, 6:53:19 AM1/2/15
to rin...@googlegroups.com
thanks, philipp!

I just updated post. Removed some errors and made the graphs hopefully easier to read.

cu