How to bridge Java object and Javascript with RingoJS?

Xybrek Zybrek

Oct 3, 2018, 1:46:29 AM10/3/18
to RingoJS
Can we use RingoJS and pass Java objects into Javascript just like what we can do with Rhino,

Context cx = Context.enter();
        ScriptableObject scope = cx.initStandardObjects();
        ScriptableObject.putProperty(scope, "javaObject", javaObject);
        cx.evaluateString(scope,
                String.format("function onRequest() { %s }", expression),
                "<func>", 1, null);

Whereas, the Javascript expression would be able to access the javaObject from within the Javascript code.
Also, how to translate this code to RingoJS code?

Philipp Naderer

Oct 3, 2018, 3:41:10 AM10/3/18
to rin...@googlegroups.com
Take a look at RingoRunner, which is the class bootstraping everything before a script gets executed:

Also RingoShell is a good starting point:

The shell executes command by command reading from stdin.

Bye
Philipp