How to https with ringojs?

S.C. LEE

Jun 19, 2017, 3:49:37 AM6/19/17
to RingoJS
Hello.

I think RingoJS is a awesome framework.

But i am wonder that how to enable https with ringojs?

When i see ringojs.org is encrypted with https, It makes me to think this is possible.

But i don't know how to do it.

Please let me know any thing that might be helpful

Thank you.

Manfred Andres

Jun 19, 2017, 4:00:21 AM6/19/17
to rin...@googlegroups.com
Hi S.C. Lee.

We use Apache as HTTP-Server using mod_proxy to the backend running RingoJS .

Hope this helps.

Philipp Naderer

Jun 19, 2017, 4:37:51 AM6/19/17
to rin...@googlegroups.com
If you use plain Ringo without mod_proxy / Apache, I recommend to check out grob's httpserver package. Imho this will replace the current built-in http server sooner or later.

Here one main.js I use:

It configures HTTPS via a standard Java keystore. I use Let's Encrypt and have a script  in place to generate the key stores:

There exists also an approach for the current http server module of Ringo. You have to configure everything over the jetty.xml In my  opinion this is complicated and error prone. But there are a lot of tutorials and examples online how to build such a XML config.

Bye
Philipp