Nginx AJP?

Julian Tree

Oct 24, 2014, 4:09:29 PM10/24/14
to rin...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

Would you recommend using Nginx for RingoJS deployment?

Or should I stick with Apache for the front?  I know we can deploy on Jetty by it self, but it would be nice to have something like Nginx to serve the static contents.

I realize AJP support in Nginx is still in early stages:

This is what I found so far:

Any recommendations?

Julian

gabriel munteanu

Oct 25, 2014, 3:05:43 AM10/25/14
to rin...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
I use lighttpd and it doesn't have ajp at all.
What I use is its proxy feature, to pass all dynamic pages to ringojs and let lighttpd serve the static resources.
I am sure Nginx has a similar feature.

gabi

si...@nekapuzer.at

Oct 28, 2014, 3:24:48 AM10/28/14
to rin...@googlegroups.com
hi julian,
i think, generally: unless you need a specific AJP feature or are very happy with AJP debugging (lol), i would go with http proxying.

See this for ajp vs http: http://people.apache.org/~markt/presentations/2012-10-Apache-Tomcat-Reverse-proxies.pdf

Jetty has favored HTTP proxying for a long time and they haven't implemented AJP in jetty9 yet (ringo is on jetty8).

i'm still using apache in front of jetty simply because i like it's flexiblity. i'd be interested to hear your experience if you decide to got with nginx.

 simon

Julian Tree

Nov 5, 2014, 6:12:46 AM11/5/14
to rin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks guys.  The only concern I have withh proxy is with http partial push, comect, socket type of web application. It is my understanding the proxy just doesn't support those kind of connection.

If anyone can tell me how to handle those kind of connections that would be great. I know I can run it directly off Jetty and that will work great, but what about serving static contents and serving multiple domains with ip address.