RingoJS 0.12 released

Philipp Naderer / Botic

Jun 20, 2016, 8:02:54 AM6/20/16
to RingoJS
Hi!

Last Friday we released RingoJS 0.12, after a long time without a stable release. The reasons behind the long timeframe: updated Rhino and Jetty to the newest versions, a complete rewrite of the fs module to Java NIO.2 and a lot of minor changes + clarifications. Also the test basis has been improved and many areas are now better covered.

- Download: http://ringojs.org/download/
- Documentation: http://ringojs.org/api/0.12/index.html
- Changelog: http://ringojs.org/documentation/release_0_12/

Thanks to everyone who contributed or provided feedback!

The next goal for the project is forming the 1.0 release. For this the remaining issues will be sighted and everything which looks like a meaningful addition to the current 0.12 release will be scheduled for 1.0. Don’t expect major breaking changes, since the priority is on a stable major release. Everything else should be postponed to a 2.0 branch. The goal of 1.0 is a solid platform for our users who are using Ringo 0.1x releases.

Bye
Philipp