Ring2EXE: No Executable, Looks like we don't have a C Compiler!

Błażej Szyczewski

Mar 18, 2023, 4:10:10 AM3/18/23
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello everyone,
I'm new here and I can't deal with connecting the C compiler. It keeps popping up that I don't have it. I was browsing the forum and read that you need to add the path to it in the "locatevc" file. I added it to the path of my "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\Common7\Tools\VsDevCmd.bat" and unfortunately it still shows that it doesn't see it.
Help me because I like this language and I would like to continue learning.
Zrzut ekranu 2023-03-18 090907.png
Zrzut ekranu 2023-03-18 090742.png
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Mahmoud Fayed

Mar 18, 2023, 6:34:09 AM3/18/23
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello

At first be sure that (locatevc.bat) works as expected

1 - Open the Command Prompt (cmd.exe)
2 - Run the next commands

cd ring\language\src
locatevc

Now try to run
cl

Do you see a message like (Visual Studio developer command prompt) ?

Greetings,
Mahmoud