Fixing TAB with a selection of code

Mansour Ayouni

Jun 13, 2024, 3:08:29 PMJun 13
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mahmoud,

When we select a section of code and hit TAB, we expect to get the code moved on forward whatever number of positions the TAB button represents:

image.png

Unfortunately, in Ring NotePad this causes the whole code to be deleted...

All the best,
Mansour

Mahmoud Fayed

Jun 13, 2024, 4:43:48 PMJun 13
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mansour

>> "Unfortunately, in Ring NotePad this causes the whole code to be deleted..."

I don't have this behaviour on my machine
When I press TAB the code is moved to the right
When I press SHIFT-TAB the code is moved to the left

Maybe something related to keyboard identification!

Greetings,
Mahmoud

Mahmoud Fayed

Jun 13, 2024, 4:48:16 PMJun 13
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mansour

By the way, I added this feature in 2017

Greetings,
Mahmoud

Bert Mariani

Jun 13, 2024, 4:56:23 PMJun 13
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mansour, Mahmoud

The Ring NotePad  TAB  works as expected on my laptop,  Windows 11   Ring-20 64bit

  -  Select some lines
  - TAB             ==> moves to the Right
  - Shift-TAB   <== moves to the Left

Mahmoud Fayed

Jun 13, 2024, 4:57:48 PMJun 13
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Bert

>> "The Ring NotePad  TAB  works as expected on my laptop,  Windows 11   Ring-20 64bit"

This is very nice, we are using the same Windows version / Ring version

Greetings,
Mahmoud

Mansour Ayouni

Jun 13, 2024, 5:31:05 PMJun 13
to Mahmoud Fayed, The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mahmoud and Bert,

You are right, it works correctly!

image.png

What confused me is that I clicked on the Undo button on the icon bar. Instead of switching the text back to the left, it removed it...

Actually, the responsible action of the issue is not the [TAB] but the [Undo] button!

All the best,
Mansour

--

---