More accurate error messages

Mansour Ayouni

Jun 5, 2024, 6:43:07 AMJun 5
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mahmoud,

Please look at the code and the error message:

image.png

Ring should say that OK is missing in line 23948. This will help identify the real source of the problem and solve it quickly.

Currently, Ring identifies the problem (in green in the Output window) but in an erroneous line number.

Also, it generates an erroneous error message (the red one in the Output window).

I suggest trying to enhance this aspect, because while a simple case like this one is solvable, I had many cases in Softanza where I spent a long time reading the error messages and trying to check if they were telling me the truth or not :)

All the best,
Mansour

Mahmoud Fayed

Jun 5, 2024, 8:49:45 AMJun 5
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mansour

This is the expected behaviour :D

You just need to remember an old lesson in the first class about programming

(THE END OF AN IF STATEMENT LIKE } OR ENDIF FOLLOW THAT LAST IF STATEMENT)

So using OK at line 23949 already close the if statement at line 23944

Greetings,
Mahmoud

Mansour Ayouni

Jun 5, 2024, 1:11:51 PMJun 5
to Mahmoud Fayed, The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mahmoud,

You are right! It should be like that.

Thank you.

Mansour