Function Default Form

Mansour Ayouni

May 16, 2022, 6:17:55 PM5/16/22
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello All,

"dft" and "inf" prefixes can be added to any Softanza function to, respectively, run the function with default values, and get complete information about the function params...

See example here:
image.png

PS: This feature is only showcased with a limited number of functions. It will be generalized in a future version of the library.

Best regards,
Mansour

Mahmoud Fayed

May 16, 2022, 9:46:41 PM5/16/22
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mansour

IMHO, Using infRange() is not a good idea for the next reasons

(1) At the implementation level You will define a new function to explain each function!
(2) At the usage level doesn't look natural

It's better to provide ONE FUNCTION CALLED HELP()

And use it like this
? Help(:Range)

Where the help function get the function name as a parameter

Greetings,
Mahmoud

Mansour Ayouni

May 17, 2022, 2:28:37 AM5/17/22
to Mahmoud Fayed, The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mahmoud,

Your idea seems to be cleaner and simpler to implement...
Let me reflect on that and I'll let you know!

All the best,
Mansour

--

---

Mahmoud Fayed

May 17, 2022, 11:52:08 PM5/17/22
to The Ring Programming Language
Hello Mansour

>> "Let me reflect on that and I'll let you know!"

You are welcome :D

Greetings,
Mahmoud